Wednesday, July 31, 2013

At the end of a long day at work

Day 923 - Not sure what to write. Long days at work. A day that starts at 10 am and ends at 8:30 pm and an hour in each direction. I am not so sure any more how smart was the move. I don't have time for anything else during the week. I know, I shouldn't complain but be happy I have a job even if it requires a little commute; and I sure have very quite evenings and the sky is so beautiful here with so much less light pollution, thus so many more stars. But still, these are long days. And on the weekend I so want to relax and have some quality time with my partner that my hiking group is neglected and everything else with it. I can complain, of course, or I can look at it and think how lucky I am that I have someone I love to spend time with; that we can talk for hours and never get board. That I love just being with him. No complains, for sure, I know that our time is limited and rapidly coming to it's end so I cherish every moment we have.

I am thankful for an evening we got to spend together; eating on the porch and chatting. I am thankful I have someone to go back to at the end of a long day at work. I am thankful we are slowly mending the seams that were torn in our relationship during the turbulent months here in our new home. I am thankful I can go to bed now.    

No comments: