Monday, July 29, 2013

The trains are running again

Day 921 - A very plain day with nothing to report. But after 4 days with no trains they are now back to normal and I sure know to appreciate that. I rode the train today as if nothing happened, as if we didn't have to struggle so much when they were out of service. I must admit, knowing schedule within 5 minutes range instead of half an hour estimate with buses is pretty sweet; and best of all you know when you arrive at the destination. You see it all over the world, cities bloom along the train tracks; I knew that but never really stopped to think about it. I sure did now. I don't think I ever appreciated the trains as much as when they were not working and I had to rely on buses for commuting.
  
I am thankful the trains are chugging again along the tracks and we, the people of the suburbs can use them to commute into the big cities. I am thankful I live in a country with a very reliable train system; that a five minutes delay is something people are complaining about. I am thankful I am home now and ready to go to sleep. 

No comments: