Friday, July 12, 2013

Nothing is new under the sun

Day 904 - The past two months were very difficult and trying for all of us. A roller coaster of emotions that brought us to the brink of breaking up. We actually already did before we came back to our senses. Before I realized how important he is to me and the fact we cannot make it under one roof doesn't mean we have to separate. And so we decided to try if we can make it work when we each live in his/her own home. Not an ideal solution because it means we'll see each other much less than we do today, but it is much better than splitting. Yesterday I talked at length to a good friend of mine and the subject came up. I told him how difficult it was, how we almost broke up and it was very interesting to hear his point of view; his understanding and most of all a story with one of his kids that came back home for two years and the ordeal they went through; and this is with their own child. He told me that 8 years later they still consider these years the most difficult and challenging in their relationship with that child. So it is only natural that the trio was not possible and only my naivete painted it in rosy colors. I wish I had put more thought into it all before jumping in like that with no preparation at all and we are paying the price of that mistake now. Still I am so thankful that logic prevailed, only inches before the edge of the cliff. It sure was an important talk and I am very happy I have friends like that with whom I can share something so personal, knowing I'll get sympathy and a good advice.

I am thankful for friendship as such that withstood the test of time. I am thankful logic and love prevailed over anger and frustration. I am thankful for the three weeks we now have here to try to rebuild the friendship and trust before my partner moves out. I am so thankful for a great evening, just the two of us.    

No comments: