Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Special Thursday Night

Day 457 – by now going to my art class is not only for painting but it’s also a social event. I love the people there and it’s a very relaxing atmosphere where we all paint and on the same time have small talks, joke with each other and just enjoy this time away from everything. I am still trying to finish all my unfinished work so last week I finished two pieces and today I brought the last one. I didn’t finish it yet but made serious progress and I think I am almost done. It is not as good as the others but I am still learning so every picture counts. And the most important thing, as usual, is the fact that I love painting and it is such a wonderful time for me being in class, and touching the canvas with my brushes. This direct connection between the physical world and my inner world is just an exercise in sheer poetry, a song of my soul. I love this class, as you know and I tell everyone about it; about the magic it brought into my life, the joy. This week I convinced one of my closest friends to try this class. It was a big maybe and the truth is I thought he said he might join us only to get me off the subject, so I was very happy to find out he was actually serious and came to our class. What made it even more special is the fact that he really enjoyed it. The same thing happened to him – for almost two hours he was into this drawing and forgot for a little while the hectic world in which he usually resides; I was very happy about that. After class I went with one of my friends from class to have coffee and we stayed very late. We even decided she’ll come with me to the dance tomorrow, so we are going to be four girls – it’s going to be much fun!!
  
I am thankful for a wonderful evening, full of activity that is nourishing for the soul. I am thankful for yet another wonderful painting class. I am thankful for friendships I am starting to forge in this class; for women camaraderie, for an evening I always look forward to. I am thankful my friend joined us tonight; I hope it will become something he’ll do regularly. I am thankful, like every week, I was so lucky to find this class; I cannot say enough about its role in my life. I am so thankful for everything in my life, it is almost scary how wonderful I feel, how alive!

No comments: