Thursday, April 12, 2012

Movie Night

Day 450 – It’s another holiday today and I am here alone and have no one to celebrate with. Of course, I could invite some friends but I really didn't feel like doing that. So instead I went with one of my friends to see a movie; a French movie called “The Intouchables” (yes, it’s not a typo, that’s how they call it) highly recommended. It’s a story of a man who became totally paralyzed after a sport accident and the impossible man he chose as his caretaker who brought back the spark and happiness into his life. A very inspiring story, and very well acted, and it is based on a true story. Getting out of this movie all my little troubles look so small and insignificant, so manageable. I am still sad, it takes more time than I care to admit for my heart to heal from this last blow, but I am full of life and optimistic and I know that everything happens for a reason. So I know that my real love is waiting just behind the turn of the road; that had this break-up happened in a few months it would be devastating for me, so I am better off dealing with it now. And I will be OK, even if it will take a little more time than I anticipated; at the end all my wounds heal and I’ll be back on the horse ready to explore new possibilities; to find the one that will be as great but will love me too. If the guy from the movie managed to find new love, I will too. I thought I found my prince just to realize it was, after all, a frog. So I will go back to the pond at some point, not right now but I will, and a little smarter I hope, but keeping my spirit high and believing it can be done, I’ll look for the next attractive frog to kiss and hope again it will transformed…
  
I am thankful to my friend for spontaneity, for coming with me to the movie on a moment notice. I am thankful for a very funny yet touching movie I got to watch. I am thankful for all the sad thoughts it brought with it, for my ability to overcome this sadness every day a little better, until it will totally disappear, and I’ll be free once more.   

No comments: