Monday, April 9, 2012

Meeting with Friends

Day 447 – I was planning on a quiet evening at home tonight, especially after the embarrassing falling asleep in my clothes thing. But all plans are the base for changes, as you know. I went to the photo shop to pick up the last few pictures I ordered and I met there one of the guys from my creative writing class. So we went for coffee and he started telling stories from his long career and before you know it, two hours passed. After we parted I called a friend who lives nearby to see if she’s home – I wanted to show her how beautiful my pictures are – but she wasn’t home so I went home but an hour later she called me, she was here in the area and so she came by and we spent the next two and a half hours talking. So it’s very now late, again, and I am going to finish my blog and go to sleep. Maybe tomorrow I can have a quiet evening at home… but the truth is I am not complaining, on the contrary, I am very happy that I have friends and I get to spend time with them; quality time. Another important milestone that happened today is that I took a first look into the JDate website again; I am not ready to date yet , but I am open to think of “the day after” once more. I am sure I will be so much more careful next time and try to ask more questions, more of the right questions – my list will grow with every failed relationship, I guess - but the good news are that my heart has recovered enough if I can even tolerate the thought of checking.
 
I am thankful for the amazing pictures I got today; my house is getting more and more pictures on the walls and I absolutely love it. I am thankful for an evening I got to spend with my friends; I am thankful for their friendship and for their time; I sure don’t take it for granted. I am thankful that a little over a week after the break-up that I was sure will leave me devastated I am happy and singing all day long and even ready to think about dating sometimes in the near future once again.

No comments: