Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Mad Dash to the Finish Line

Day 466 – It’s kind of sad that the only thing I can write about these days is studying for my test. I came back early today from my trip and I stopped for 10 minutes at the beach – just to pick up some sand (yes, sand) because I have some crazy idea about adding sand to one of my paintings. As soon as I got home I sat down and started my studies – all the Christianity chapters in one evening. Tomorrow is my last day so I’ll have to read the Hinduism and Buddhism and also find time to do one run over everything. I think my plate is very full for the next day and a half. I can’t wait for it to be behind me. I need a real celebration on Monday night after my class. And I am going to start working on my final project from now on, I don’t want to leave it to the last minute – it’s just too much. But right now I am still on the final stretch of my religions studies dash and I learned so many things about Christianity… the truth is that as much as I whine I really like it; there was a time when I even seriously considered doing a Ph. D. in religion studies. So yes, it’s a lot of work and a lot of reading but it is sooo interesting, and I learned so much that it makes me really happy; I just wish I gave myself more time.
 
I am thankful I get a chance to study religions from such good instructors. I am thankful I get to study religions at all; I took this course (TD training) in the States and being so adamant about separation of religions from daily life we didn’t get to hear even one hour about this subject. I am thankful learned so many new things in all the religions I studied. I am thankful this mad dash to the finish line is almost over and as always I promise myself to be better next time about deadlines.

No comments: