Saturday, April 7, 2012

Some Smart Advices from my Daughter

Day 445 – It is the day after the Passover Seder and by now I already drove my daughter to the airport and came back. She is going back to visit our family over there, to see her dad and siblings. I am a little sad she left, but I am so happy she’ll see everyone there. When they came here for a visit she was in the military so she barely had a chance to see them, especially her little niece; so I am all excited for her. We stayed yesterday at our friends’ home, I was tired and had a lot to drink, and we drove back home this morning. We had a very long conversation on our way about being in a relationship and what you do and don’t to make it work; about how when you came from a broken home you can build something more sturdy and how wonderful it was to see our friends and their kids, so happy because they grew up in such a loving environment. She is so smart and I can talk to her in the level of the heart not as mom and daughter. And by the time we got here I felt so much better even about my own heart ache, about the break-up with the man I was seeing in the past month. Suddenly I was able to see things I didn’t see before, and I could even see some good that will come out of this. She told me about how she and her boyfriend are dealing with issues and it made me realize I am still doing things the wrong way and I was looking at her and thinking that she is smarter than me, she will be able to make it work, and it made me so happy. At the end of the day, my life are past their prime, from natures point of view I already did my job here on earth; but she is the future, the promise and so the way she handles herself is so much more important, it is the hope for a better future we are looking at. And I am praying every day that my kids will do better at the place I failed so badly; that they will build a better and safer environment for their kids. The way it looks right now, they might will; and I am so happy about that.
  
I am thankful to my daughter for a serious heart-to-heart talk, about opening up about her life and how she handles things. I am again thankful to our friends for their warm hospitality, for all the love and warmth they surrounded us with, for letting us feel like we are part of their family and so welcomed there.  I am thankful for a wonderful day I got to spend with my daughter and I am going to miss her very much in this coming month.

No comments: