Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Very Special Wedding

Day 464 – I was invited to a wedding today, the wedding of one of my best friends’ daughter. I know this girl since the day she was born; I know her parents since we were still teenagers, before they even got married. And now she is all grown up and today she got married. It was a beautiful wedding; usually I am not a big fan. I don’t like the way it is customary to do wedding now-a-days but this was an exception. They got married in his parents back yard, with the beautiful valley they live in and their vineyard as a backdrop and it was very informal and a lot of fun; who knew a wedding can be fun?! There where funny speeches by family and friends and a very funny video clip the parents made and I laughed a lot and cheered a lot and had a really good time. I went there with my ex and it was nice spending some quality time with him after such a long time we barely spoke, and I made some new friends so it was a wonderful afternoon. I wrote in my greeting card that I wish them a wedding for eternity; I sure hope this is how it will be. That the happiness they feel today will never leave their house; that they will be smart enough to navigate the obstacles of their life with love and compassion and come to the end of it together and whole. What better can you wish someone on a day like this?
  
I am thankful for a wonderful wedding I got to witness today; it was very emotional for me. I am thankful to be included in wonderful circle of family and friends. I am thankful to see this wonderful young generation getting older and start to settle down; to see the circle of life in action, it feels so wonderful, so right. 

No comments: