Friday, April 6, 2012

It's Passover

Day 444 - it's Passover today and we are celebrating it with our very dear friends in Jerusalem. Ever since we moved here they were absolutely amazing to us and I feel so greatful they include us in their extended family for this holiday celebration. We read the Haggadah, we ate, we had so much fun just being with them surrounded by all this warmth and happiness. It made me so happy to see them all together, so fond of each other, so happy and it puts in big contrast the dynamics in our family, which made me very sad. Yes, I wish things where different, that we were still together and happy, that my kids will be all together in one place.
It's Passover and I want to look at the bright side of what is good in my life, what are the demons that I fight and try to conquer what is my personal getting out of bondage to freedom. I got back to my country, a blessing we make every year at the end of the evening, I got out of a very bad marriage and both are personal victories for me, both I am not taking for granted, things I had to fight for; but I am sure that as happy as I am, many more things are still restricting my steps or my thoughts, holding me back. Part of this holiday is taking a personal inventory and identify what these things are and take active steps to change that, to fight back; to do what ever is needed to become a little less a slave and a little more of a free woman, free in body and soul.


I am thankful, so very thankful to our friends for their hospitality, for their kindness and their friendship. I am so thankful we got to spend the holiday with them. I am thankful for all the progress I made on the past few years. I am also very thankful for all the obstacles, and setback for the bondage still on me that I have to fight or let go to become free.

No comments: