Friday, April 20, 2012

A substitute for a Dance

Day 458 it’s Friday night and I was planning to go to the dance with my friends, but every plan can be subjected to changes and ours was no exception. With one of the girls sick, one that just didn’t feel like going and one that disappeared I didn't have anyone to go with and didn’t want to go alone. So it’s Friday night and I stayed home and instead of being a good girl and study for my test I was sitting here and writing yet another poem. I got this beautiful love song few days ago from my friend and ever since I have this poem brewing in me and today I was able to bring it out and put it to words, not only feelings. It wasn’t easy and I was working on it for the last three hours, but I am very happy with the result. Yesterday I brought few of my poems to my creative writing class and they really like them, saying I should publish a poems book, and it made me very happy. I will not keep it as my main medium, but I am not going to let it wither again and be buried for so many years. I will keep practicing it to keep my “poems muscles” in shape. So even though I didn’t go to the dance it was a very enjoyable evening and I am so happy I managed to write and finish this beautiful love poem.
 
I am thankful I got the inspiration to write this love poem. I am so thankful I found this media again and that I am able to make it mine.  I am thankful for a lovely afternoon on the beach, for washing my car and having a very long nap, in short I am very thankful for a wonderful and very special Friday, even if I didn’t go to the dance.

No comments: