Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am Thankful for a Wonderful Day

Day 452 – It is Saturday and the last day of the holiday so we went, my hiking group, for a little hike. We didn’t want to go far since the traffic was supposed to be really bad today so we hiked not far from here. I have to admit it was not our best trip, or even close to, but it is always nice to meet each other and to spend a day in nature, be out all day. It was so good to spend many hours with my friends, laughing and joking and just fully living again, and it is especially good for me right now – the perfect antidote. There were few new people that joined us today, which is always nice, it changed the dynamics but in a good way.  When I came home I decided to finish my music painting, the one that I painted to the music of Hayal Gibi. Finally I knew what I am going to do with it. I added a Turkish string instrument called Kanun, I fixed few things I was not pleased with and to me it feels done. I will bring it to my painting class tomorrow to see if my teacher agrees, but I think it looks good. It is a painting I really like. It started from a sad place, just after the break-up but by now it is a much happier picture and I am in a very different place. I think it is also interesting to see how it evolved. I took few pictures along the way and from sumple colors and tears it became something more complex, more interesting. Along the way my mood changed as well. Of course I still have moments of sadness, like yesterday, but there are few and far between, and after our hiking trip I am all excited and bubbly like my old self again.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful day in nature. I am thankful for long and very deep conversation I had with old and new friends; I never take something like that for granted. I am thankful for the inspiration to finish my painting; it is proudly hanging on my wall.

No comments: