Thursday, April 5, 2012

Surrounded by My Creations

Day 443 – I decided that few of my pictures from Greece are good enough to be hanged on my walls so as a “holiday gift” (just kidding)  I developed 5 of them to a 8X10 and put them in frames and on my walls; and now my dining room changed into a Greek theme. The pictures are probably the best I even took. They are of high quality both technically and artistically, so I am so happy to have them here. I got a lot of complements in the photo shop. It makes me so happy I can take such good pictures. It is one more proof, if I needed any, how wonderful this trip to Greece was, how much I opened my eyes and my heart to everything around me, how present I was all the time. I also developed two pictures as 14X18 but I’ll only get in a few days, I can’t wait to see them. And since I was already in the process I decided to frame my second color picture, the one from day 404 that looks like flames and I picked it up today and it came out so nice, and it made me so happy. I love it that as days and weeks go by my walls are being covered more and more with my creations, with my art. When we moved here they were totally bare and we bought 3 pictures just so it won’t be so empty. By now I have 13 photographs, and 5 of my paintings hanging and I am thinking of framing few more. I really like that my house reflects who I am, where I was, what I like, and feel, and think, and do… it makes it very personal, and it so satisfying to see it all the time. In my old house we had so many pictures that we bought in different galleries and shows and I left everything behind when I moved here and now my house slowly getting covered again, but this time it is with my own work. So quality wise Picasso or Rembrandt are so much better than anything I can ever create, but I am getting so much more satisfaction seeing my own work on the walls, that I think I am going to stick to that.
 
I am thankful for the idea that one day popped into my head to hang my photos on my walls. I am thankful for this gift of open eye and open heart that enable me to see the world in a very different way and translate it to beautiful pictures. I am thankful again for this amazing trip to Greece that brought me so many gifts and this set of photos is among those gifts. I am thankful that after four days I was very sad about the break-up I am so well today. I even changed the theme of my picture the one a started few days ago, with the tears, I changed it to a much happier theme; I am not sad or feel like crying anymore. I am so thankful the worst is behind me already, that I am well again.

No comments: