Friday, October 4, 2013

A night hike

Day 987 - I went for a two hours long hike with my friend here at the bay lands. it's been a very long time since I last did that (before I left, so more than three years), and it was so wonderful to walk there. It was dusk and later moonless night but we had flashlights and the road was clear enough that we walked most of the time in the dark. We know each other for many years, saw each other through some very rough patches and we can't do that anymore, now that I live on the other side of the globe. So it's very special we have such time together and I truly enjoyed that. It is also interesting to see the personal development we both went through in the past few years. Women in full - I love seeing that. As we get older we also get wiser and it's absolutely wonderful; especially with close friends were we can all benefit from these changes, and learn.

I am thankful for this wonderful walk in nature with one of my best friends. I am thankful for an enriching conversation. I am thankful for this special friendship that withstanding time and distance; I feel blessed to have her in my life.  

No comments: