Friday, October 18, 2013

Changing of the seasons

Day 1002 - It's getting colder and more cloudy and today we had the first rain, at least the first I witnessed this year. I think they had one while I was abroad; so for me this is the beginning of a new fall. Still, it's not really that much of the beginning of the rainy season and it will probably take another month before it will be real, but it's the first signs for the changing of the seasons, for the never ending cycle of a new beginning and an ending of the old. Like our lives, getting closer to the finish line with every passing day. Another day that passed and will never come back; another day I am seeing all the way to its end. Who knows how many more of those are ahead of me; we only know how many are behind, how many already vanished and gone and only left their footprints in the memory of our conscious and unconscious mind. I sure have less ahead and probably many of them with lesser quality of life, so I should be very careful of how I spend them. I don't want to get within eye distance from the end just to realize that there are too many things I wish I did instead of postponing, instead of being lazy or being afraid. We have to keep the finish line in our mind in order to fully live our days. I know this in theory, but it is so easy to forget. Living mindfully every day of my life; I think this is a worthy goal. So what did I do today that if I won't wake up tomorrow morning I will be thankful I did? mostly, it was a slow day here at home with my daughter, and it was so nice. It's been a while since we had a day like that and I really enjoyed it. We talked, we made food, we laughed, watched a movie. A good day. I also talked with my son and with my parents and I spend some quality time with my partner. I talked to my older daughter the day before so even if today is my last, I am good on that. So I did the right things, I put all the important people in my life ahead of anything else; a good day indeed. I am going to sleep now, after I'll do my meditation and I sure hope to wake up tomorrow so I can enjoy another meaningful day on this blessed planet. 
Changing of the seasons and I am in a very pensive mood. 
  
I am thankful for a wonderful day with no big events but all the right things in place. I am thankful for every moment I am reminded of how temporary my life is because I truly believe that my life have different quality because I am willing to face that. I am thankful I got to live today all the way to it's end and hope for yet another one tomorrow.    

No comments: