Saturday, October 5, 2013

Food

Day 989 - being away from home means I have to eat in restaurants this past week and another week like that is ahead of me. Some people love restaurants; I do too to some degree, but doing it few times a day is excessive, at least this time around.  And sadly, restaurant food is not the same as home cooked meals; it might be tastier but it lacks a heart, thus the food feels kind of detached and not fulfilling on a deeper level; and to top it all I just don't seem to be able to digest it anymore. And so I am dreading eating in restaurants right now and I try to avoid that as much as possible. I know I miss on some of my favorite restaurants but it's just not worth it. Before arriving here I was planning to go to all my favorite restaurants, but I guess I'll have to change my plans and find some other things to enjoy that are not food related; disappointing, but a must.

I am thankful for a lovely day with my son; a treat, as always. I am thankful it's only food that disagree with me; everything else here is great.I am thankful for being here, for time spent with my kids and friends. I am thankful that in a few days this little inconvenience will be over. 

No comments: