Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A far away mom

Day 992 - I spent the afternoon with my daughter and granddaughter and it was wonderful. It doesn't cease to amaze me how sweet she is, how smart. I don't want to brag because it's silly, but I do enjoy every minute. Coming here, I didn't know what to expect; how much I'll see her since they lead a very busy lives. Both are career women, and the child and some private time. But, it is important for my daughter that her daughter will know me and so she really makes an effort to meet almost every day. And I really appreciate that. I am a very far away and will not be able to play a big role in this little girl's life, so every little bit is so very important. It is very sad and I try not to think about that, but the decision I made to leave this country was probably good for me but really not for my relationship with my grandchildren and my children. As mush as we have fun now, it is not the real world and on a daily basis we are so far away, never experiencing any of the day to day stuff we once shared. It is a very sad realization that life might be so much better for me than when I was married, but they came wit a very big price tag and we all pay it, every single day, every month every year.
 
I am thankful to both my daughter and my son  I am thankful for every moment we sped together who make so much efforts to see me while I'm here. I am thankful I can be here and I'll try to come more often.



No comments: