Tuesday, October 29, 2013

So busy at work, again

Day 1013 - I am still playing catch-up after coming back from my trip. I work many hours every day at work and still I don't see the end of the tunnel. And in a few days another cycle will start. I got to work at 8:30 am and left at 8:30 pm - a 12 hours day and I didn't finish what I was hoping to finish. I decided that the fact that I have more work than I can finish is not a reason to feel bad about my trip or any other vacation I take. I think it is not reasonable to have so much work that at the end of my day I have almost as much as when I started and not because I was lazy but because my work load is overwhelming. And I will not give up my personal life the way I do right now. Basically in a day like today I did nothing but work and by the time I finally I made it home I am so tired that it was dinner and now shower and straight to bed. Not good. I want more to my life than only work and I'll have to do something about it, something about reducing my workload; I want my life back!! Still, I know I am lucky for having I like; that my work is highly appreciated. And of course this is kind of a job security, if I ever wanted or needed that. But right now it is more important for me to have life than  security; and I am very happy I am in such a work place in my life.

I am thankful I have work. I am thankful it can support me and gives me the security I need, especially being single and in need of taking care of my future. I am thankful I need more in life that only financial security.  I am thankful that being so busy is not my regular routine but the pay back for my trip.

No comments: