Monday, October 28, 2013

Fixing my car

Day 1012 - I came back early from work today to take care of the the flat tire in my car. The truth is that the front tire looked a little flat this morning and I was worried I'll come back from work at night to find a car I cannot drive since I had no spare tire to change into. And besides, the spares are meant only as an emergency and not to become our regular wheel. And so I came early and took the shop. After about 5 minutes he came to me with good and bad news. The good news was that they could find no puncture and find no explanation to the flat except fowl play - someone played with the tire and deflated it. the bad news was that my front tires are in dire need of replacement. I knew I have to do it soon, so no surprises; still it's very expensive but I had to do it - it's a safety issue and I don't gamble with my life in such a stupid way. So they replaced the front tires and also had to do alignment. A very expensive afternoon, indeed. But it was necessary and I am so very happy I did it. with the coming winter, it's not even a question it had to be done.

I am thankful I could take care of my car today; it really bothered me already. I am thankful I have the means to take care of my possession and not just leave it to luck. I am thankful for a busy very satisfying day.

No comments: