Saturday, October 5, 2013

Movie night

Day 988 - I went with my friend to a movie tonight. Nothing special, just a movie with a good friend but it was so nice. Just the two of us, totally not dressed appropriately and totally don't care. It's so nice to get to our age and not to care so much about social codes any more; "just put on the red hat and go out". Will you go alone to a movie? I did, many times since leaving home. But many people won't; my friend included. For some reason they feel uncomfortable going to a movie theater alone. I made the conscious decision when I left home and move to a different country where I didn't have many friends, that I will not let the fact I am alone to deter me from doing things; I actually embraced it and went to many movies and shows and other events by myself. But since my friend won't do that - she went once in the 8 years since her divorce - it was an opportunity for us to do something together and not spend Friday night alone. We saw a good movie - Blue Jasmine - the newest movie of Woody Allen. later we went to a pub with my son before calling it a night. in short it an all around great night and I am so happy we got to do that.  

I am thankful for a fun night at the movie. I am thankful for opportunities as such to spend time with a dear friend as well as with my son. I am thankful for another opportunity to see my son; he is so wonderful and really makes every effort to see me during this vist and I am so very thankful to him. 

No comments: