Friday, October 25, 2013

Birthday party

Day 1009 - my oldest sister celebrated her 60th birthday this week and her daughters decided to have a family get together with a two hours guided tour of one district of the city with the special stories and flavors of the period and the place. It was so interesting and so special. To learn about hidden jewels in the middle of a bustling shopping area, things you see only if you set your eyes higher and not on the merchandise. I really enjoyed it. Later we went to a restaurant for lunch and it was so nice to be with everyone and talk and listen. I love my sister's family and I didn't get to see them much lately so it was so wonderful to be with everyone for a few hours. It was such a special way to celebrate a special birthday of a very special woman. I just loved it. It's part if the reason I am here, to be connected to my family. Yes I know, at the expense if being away from two of my own children. And I am the one to blame for this divide, by deciding to move them as young children out of their homeland and take them elsewhere. But I am not going to spoil the party today. It was good, it was fun and it made my sister so very happy that it was all worth it.
 
I am thankful for a very special celebration. I am thankful for the wonderful family I have. I am thankful for all the things I learned today. I am thankful for a wonderful day with my daughter. I am thankful for such a great day.

No comments: