Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Being an outsider

Day 985 - It's very strange what I am going through right now. I lived in this town for 14 years and left only 3 years ago. Every street and every store are familiar, yet I feel like a stranger. It is not my home any more, but I am not a tourist as well so I am kind of in a limbo - not here nor there. A very strange feeling indeed. I am here only to visit my kids and in the mean time few friends as well. The food doesn't agree with me anymore and so I try to avoid most of it. Before coming here I was planning to visit few of my favorite restaurants but after few days of eating the food here I think I will skip that and keep them as a fond memory while sticking to the most basic and simple ingredients. Strange, so strange indeed...
 
I am thankful I am here. I am thankful I can talk to my kids and see them almost every day. I am thankful I had a chance to see one of my good friends today. I am thankful I found a new place I call home, and now I know for sure it is home for me;I am an outsider here.

No comments: