Saturday, October 19, 2013

My store

Day 1003 - Few weeks ago I made the final decision to operate my store and not rent it anymore. It is going to be a mystic store. I love the subject, I get more and more into it, and I love mystic stores. So many times I read about people who are working in their field of interest and it always seemed such a wonderful thing to me, hoping one day this will happen to me. What can be better than being busy all day long with your hobby instead of waiting to get back home at night and have very little time to do that? What can be better than being immersed all day long in what I love best? I can definitely see the benefits to my spiritual growth; the question is if it can be viable option. Too many stores open and close in a short period of time, burying the dreams and money of their owners. But I believe that persistence is everything and if I will allow for a long enough time it will take off. The key is not giving up even if it takes off very slowly. So I prepare myself for a year or more of very little income, if any, and every dimes that comes in will give me the ability to push it longer. I have a big vision and big dreams for the place and I will not allow any doubt to creep in. I believe that by having a razor sharp focus and very specific intentions, by knowing exactly what I want and see it as already here I will make this store a reality. 
And so today we took the first physical step, I drove there this morning with my partner and started painting the store. It was painted bright white before and this is not a good color for a mystic store. So now, many hours later it has one wall in a lilac color and another wall half lilac and half off-white. We will come back next weekend to continue with second layer on the off-white wall as well as first and maybe even second layer on the remaining wall. Even before having anything on the walls it already has a better feeling to it; more mellow and soft, just what you expect in such a place. We also decided about the name after weeks of juggling different names. We are going to call it Misty - an East West mystic store (it sounds better in our language) and I even registered the domain to make sure it is ours. It was a very busy day indeed, and very emotional of course. I never did anything like that before. It is the first time I am taking a step in becoming a business woman, of not having a safety net but going all out. For so many years I was playing with ideas to do something as an entrepreneur and here I am doing just that. I am quite sure it will not bring me as much money as few other ideas I had in the past but for sure it will be the most satisfying one. 

I am thankful for a very special day. I am thankful I finally got the courage to make the move. I am thankful to my partner who is embarking on this adventure with me. I am thankful to him for all the encouragement, for being with me every step of the way and for all his hard work today in the store. And now, after writing all this I can go to sleep and considering the fact I slept for 4 hours today and worked for many more, it is a much needed sleep and I am very thankful I can do just that.   

No comments: