Thursday, October 24, 2013

Too much work

Day 1008 - For several days I was very good about going to bed on time, but alas, not today. We are moving our office on Sunday so I had to pack my stuff and it took me hours to sort through it all. And I have a visit on Sunday that I had to prepare a lot of information for it. So I stayed at work until 8:30 pm and when I came home I continued working until now, almost an hour past midnight and I am not done yet, but I don't want to go to sleep any later than 1 am, no matter what. So here I am, going to be tires once again, hopefully not about to start a new vicious cycle, but keep this as an isolated event. It is not even a question that this is not right, that I should not go to sleep so late or work for so many hours; but they are so very flexible with me and I come and go as I please. I also missed half a day on Wednesday and going to do the same next week, so this is my commitment to my workplace, my integrity. If there is work that cannot be delayed, I will finish it on time. But I will keep this entry short as to not jeopardize my situation any more than needed. And right now I need to go to bed. 

I am thankful it is not every day that I have to work so much on any single day.I am thankful I can work from home and don't have to stay at my desk until midnight. I am thankful I can go to sleep now and have just a little more to do over the weekend. Goodnight!!

No comments: