Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The first thousand days

Day 1000 - this is a very special day. When I started this blog my idea was to find thousand reason to be thankful, to understand that every day of my life stands alone and is special; to find the blessings in my life and never take anything for granted. This became of my life for the past 1000 or more days. I learned to find the time and drop a line even when I was dead tired and just wanted to crawl to bed. This blog told the story of my good days and of sad days and of lonely days and being bored days. It became my companion, something I just do. And it made me look very differently on my days. instead of just letting them blend into each other, each one had to stand alone. Each one was noticed. I guess I can look at it as an exercise in awareness. Never though of it this way, but this is really what it is. And a test to my ability to make my comfort zone bigger and embracing the mundane and the imperfection. To realize that even a very bad and painful day has its moments of light. That nothing is every black or white, but all in different shades of gray, and other colors of course. I set up to write and say thanks for 1000 days. I later made it longer to count the days Gilad Shalit was an POW but now I hope I will be able to keep this blog until my last day here on earth. That I will never lose this optimism and the ability to see light in the shade and in the darkness. that I forever will be thankful for everything in my life. 

I am thankful for all my friends here and on the other side of the ocean; to my family here that I had so much fun meeting so many of them yesterday at the wedding. I am thankful to my wonderful children my youngest daughter here and my son and daughter on the the other side of the globe. I am thankful to my partner for the past year. I am thankful for having the wonderful life I have. I am thankful for every day of my life past, present and future.        

No comments: