Wednesday, October 9, 2013

About over packing

Day 993 - I am here for almost two weeks now and in a few days I will be heading back home. I had so many plans about thing I will accomplish while here. I brought several books I thought I'll read; assays I was planning to write. Today, three days before the end of my trip, I realized that there are so many things I still want to accomplish before I leave that I had to admit it's not going to happen. I carried all this extra weight for nothing. I should have known, it happened last time also; but I thought my days will be pretty free and I wanted to use my time effectively, I didn't want to get bored or just waste my time. I did the days pretty much to myself, I did have what looked like free time but I used it different than the way I imagined. But all is good; it means my days were full, and I didn't have much down time, that I had a good time. I just followed a different path. I'll try to remember that lesson next time and not carry so much stuff. This is not exactly the Sahara desert here, and even if I find that I have too much down time, I can always go to the local book store and buy one instead of carrying it back and forth.
 
I am thankful I was busy and had such good time here. I am thankful I didn't have time to read my books. I am thankful for this lesson and I hope I'll remember it on my next visit and pack more smartly.

No comments: