Monday, January 23, 2012

A Virtual Trip to Cambodia

Day 370 – I just came back from my Monday night class, the tour directors’ class. We had three hours of Christianity, which was very interesting, and then the last hour we talked abput the requirements for the class. So now it is official. In three weeks we have to present a “country I.D. report” due on February 13th. And the teacher made it pretty clear he doesn’t want to see another Europe report. He is looking for more exotic places, the less traveled destinations. So I decided to write about Cambodia. The temples there are amazing, as you can see in the attached picture, and it is definitely a place I am planning to visit and soon, before it becomes too much of a tourists’ destination. I already started the research to verify there is enough information for me to work with. I cannot do it tonight, though, I am so very tired. It was a very long day that started at 5am and now when it is already past 11 pm, it’s finally inching to its end. I can barely think, but I am still very happy about my choice, it is indeed a very exotic country and I know very little about it; so a great opportunity for me to learn and then travel there as soon as I can. I will start working on my project tomorrow. The combination of full time (and more) of work and a 5 hours tour guide class is difficult for me tonight, and let’s not forget that my week also includes a creative writing class, that adds extra burden on my week. I am going to be very busy in the next few months. But I am not complaining, simply dead tired. I love each and every one of my activities. 

I am very thankful for this class, as usual. I am thankful for the opportunity to work on a country I know so little about, but everything i heard so far makes me want to go there. I am thankful that a country that went through such devastation as Cambodia did, is building itself and starting to prosper. I am thankful even just for the thought I might be able to go there sooner than expected; I will keep my dreams alive until they will become a reality. And as ususal in a day like that, I am so very thankful for my warm bed waiting for me as I sign off; now!! 

No comments: