Friday, January 6, 2012

Still Working on My Book

Day 353 I got very inspired yesterday after the creative writing class and was reminded that I didn’t work on my book for a while now and the clock is ticking. And so this morning I started working on it again. It went really well and I just got lost in it for hours. I didn’t even paid any attention to the time and since it’s Friday, the stores were closed before I even got up from my chair. Since I knew my daughter is staying with me for the weekend, I didn’t want the house to be completely empty and so I drove to the Arab part of my city, where they don’t keep the Shabbat rules and so the stores are open on Friday eve and on Saturday, and did my shopping there. And later, I managed to put in two more hours of work. It’s really coming along and I hope to have the discipline and keep working on it every day, until I finish it. I have it all planned by now. I know what I want to add and where, what I want to remove and to change, and I am putting in all the changes I marked on the first reading of the full manuscript. It’s funny, I originally made plans for tonight, but there is nothing right now I want to do more than working on the book, so I changed the plans. Not to worry, I am not planning to end my life in front of a computer instead of actually living them; it is just a temporary hold, just this weekend, today. The muse is here with me and I don’t want to pass on such an opportunity J
   
I am very thankful the class yesterday put me back on track. I am thankful for a day that passed doing something I really enjoyed, even at the expense of some other activities. I am thankful my daughter is here this weekend and we’ll get to spend some time together. I am just so thankful today, for everything.        

No comments: