Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Real Winter night

Day 369 When I came back from work today the ground was covered with small balls of hail. I was in meetings all afternoon and totally didn’t hear the storm outside. It is the first time I saw so much hail accumulating here; it was indeed a very cold day. I also heard on the radio that there are serious snow storms in the north and they even had to close the only ski resort in my country due to the bad weather. But the good news is that the base is getting bigger, thus better ski conditions once the storm is over. I used to ski when I still lived there but now it is the kind of sport I will gladly give up in order to do other activities, since I can’t do them all. One day of ski costs more than a month of my drawing class, so the choice is clear.  And I have to tell you a little secret – I really hate the cold weather so going to ski mean being so cold all the time, so  I’d rather do something I enjoy more instead. But even if I don’t many people do like it very much. it is cold outside, very cold and the house is not insulated enough to keep the weather outside, so the house is still cold, even with the heater on form many hours. There were also heavy rains most of the day, which I did notice. In short, a real winter scene. If anyone ever to tell you that in this part of the world there is no winter – don’t believe him. It is so much a winter right now.
  
I am thankful for having a warm house and warm food that can keep me kind of comfortable on a winter night such as today. I am thankful it can last only sort time and then spring will come again. I am thankful for my warm shower and warm bed and this is where I am heading righ now.

No comments: