Saturday, January 21, 2012

Meeting a Long Lost Friend

Day 368 – Twenty years ago, we went to a party at friends’ house.  We were still new to the area and there were many people we didn’t know. At one point a woman is looking at me and says she can recognizes my eyes, we have met before. After few minutes of digging into our past we found it – we were together in officers’ academy. We connected right away, as did our children that were the same age. For the next few years the families were really close. And then we moved far away, and they moved back here and we lost contact. Few years ago as the social networks developed I found her again, and we wrote each other every once in a blue moon. It did not return to what it once was, but at least we had some contact. She lives in Europe now working for an international organization, and I was actually planning to visit her as part of my world trip that didn’t take place. Few months ago she came for a visit and was in my hospital and so we met and it was so nice, as if 15 years or so are not separating us. And few days ago we met again and she invited me to their house tonight. I just came back about half an hour ago, it was really a lovely evening with nice group of people and her partner of whom I heard but never met. Three of the couples there were on their second marriage and I looked at them and thought that yes, it is possible. One day I will also be in this situation and have a partner and rebuild my life for the second half of it. Until then I am going to enjoy every meeting like that and get to know more people. It is very late and I have to wake up early to drop off my daughter at the central bus station, but I am so happy I didn’t cancel it but actually stepped outside of my comfort zone, I was rewarded with a very pleasant evening.
  
I am thankful to meet again my friend and hope we will be able to keep and develop this friendship again. I am thankful for a very nice evening where I came alone into a couples evening but felt totally comfortable and happy. I am thankful for a lovely time I spend with my daughter this weekend. I am thankful for a wonderful weekend.

No comments: