Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Beautiful Saturday Hike

Day 354 After few days of rain it was sunny and warm today and it was not even a question we are not staying home on a day like that. So we took our dog, even though she really hates car rides, and we drove few miles. Just outside of our beautiful city there is a wonderful natural forest, this is where the fire raged last year, but not all was taken by the fire and large areas of this amazing forest stayed intact; and this was our destination. We let our little dog out, and she was so happy, it was her first nature hike and I hope now she will be more accommodating to the idea of a car ride – some fun stuff might wait on the other end. But surely for us it was much fun. The day was beautiful, the sun very warm and the soil wet from all the rain and covered with very green vegetation and to my surprise even the first wild flowers were already popping up, about a month ahead of schedule. My daughter did not have much of a chance yet to hike here, since she is in the army and so it was something very special for her as well. We ended our outing in a café near our home and our favorite cake – cream cheese with strawberries, a perfect ending to a very lovely day. 
  
I am thankful for a Saturday without rain. I am thankful for such a nice day and a wonderful hike. I am thankful this part of the forest was not damaged by the devastating fire last year and we can still enjoy it. I am thankful I got to spend a great weekend with my daughter, it is always so much fun.

No comments: