Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to my Creative Writing class

 Day 352 Thursday is my artist day. After 3 weeks I got back to my creative writing class and after 5 weeks I did not attend my painting class. It was the combination of my son and daughter’s visits and the fact that our instructor was away and I didn’t like the sub teacher he had for us. But today I had a real party. The creative writing class was wonderful and the fact that several people were missing enabled us to read more and critique more each piece. I wrote something I thought was OK but not more than that, but they all liked it very much, and since I agree with the opinions about other works, I guess I am just not very objective about my own, and I don’t appreciate the quality of my work. I liked most of the other writings today. I also like the fact that the instructor gives us assignments every week. it helps me stretch my writing muscles, write about things I would never write otherwise; and it forces me to dig into my deepest memories – the subjects were all about our childhood - our earliest memories, influential people from our youth, weird people during that period, in short, we are taking a tour down memory lane and they bring a lot of old memories with them, who knows, maybe one day I will incorporate these stories into a book. At the moment I just enjoy removing the dust from all the deepest corners of my soul and shine some light there.    
   
I am thankful for a wonderful Creative Writing class I had today. I am thankful to be back with my friends, reading and writing in a very positive and nourishing environment. I am thankful for the tour I get to take down memory lane and for all the presents I get back. It is almost midnight here and I slept less than 5 hours tonight, so going to bed in a few moments and I am planning to wake up with no alarm clock, back to the joys of my favorite day in the week.

No comments: