Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Lost all the Phone Numbers on my Phone

Day 359 – Several months ago I bought my daughter a new iPhone and got her old one. I really like that phone and use it a lot, to be perfectly honest I don’t ever use my land line, only my cell phone. And so the phone numbers I accumulate on it were growing exponentially. And since it was not mine originally there were problems in syncing it, I just could not do it and the concern is of course of losing all the numbers with no back-up. So today when she came home from the army I asked her to finish the syncing and about half an hour later I noticed a very shocked expression on her face – all the phone numbers were erased! it asks a very confusing question and as a result everything was erased, all the stored phone numbers and all events. My phone is almost a clean slate. It’s a real bug in the program that will allow you to erase all the numbers without proper warning. She almost cried and didn’t know what to do to make it better, but there is really nothing to do. Luckily it kept my SMS records so I could recover some phone numbers this way, I got few from her of family and close friends; and I suddenly remembered I still have my old phone so I charged it and got all the numbers I had there but all the numbers I got in the past 8 months or so are not in my phone anymore. But I figured, I had a lot of junk in it already, some people I don’t even remember who they are, so this is a good opportunity to purge my phone book and if I forgot a few, which I am sure I did, they will have to call me since there is no way for me to reach them. And from now on my phone will be backed up regularly.  It is raining like crazy today as well so we decided to enjoy a night at the theater – we watched the new Sherlock Holmes – A game of Shadows, and we enjoyed it very much, highly recommended if you like smart action movie, which we both do; so, after all the dust settled,  it was a wonderful evening.
  
I am thankful I managed to save the most important phone numbers and I am thankful even when something we all so dread happened; it shows me how addicted we are to this machine and how much we depend on it. It also proves that worst that can happened is not that bad at all. I have my phone and people have my phone number and if they don’t call, than I guess it is a good thing I lost their number, so I am thankful for a rare opportunity to try a best case scenario and find out I am doing just fine. I am most thankful for a wonderful evening I got to spend with my daughter and this is the most important thing of all, everything else is just a far second to that.

No comments: