Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Repositioning

Day 378 I was very tired in the past few days. I felt this lack of energy. I kept telling myself that I need more sleep; maybe I have to reduce the load of classes, since it fills my days but today I finally got it. I don’t sleep less than I slept few weeks ago, my work load is about the same, I don’t eat differently, in short, nothing in my outside world changed much. So it must be something on the inside. Bingo! The change was in my attitude. I lost this fresh look of full potential. I fell asleep at the helm and I forgot to pay attention to my thoughts; allowed self doubt and negative self-talk take precedence. And by doing so I invited more of the same to come in. I felt tired so I became more tired. I felt drained so I became more and more exhausted. I felt lonely and it almost brought me to my knees. But thankfully, I made a New Year resolution 13 years ago to finish a book every single month. This month, because of all the above mentioned, I did not read anything yet. And so today I picked a thin book I can finish in a few hours, and this book was “The Secret”. And it brought back all these feelings I had when I arrived here a year and a half ago and somehow lost along the way. So I am focusing only on the positive from now on and I will attract it back into my life. I have to focus again on being happy in order to bring happiness into my life; to love in order to bring love. I was so good at it and I lost sight of the target. So now I have a chance to reposition myself and I feel so blessed for that. Time and again I am impressed by the mysterious ways the world’s wheels are turning. The fact I did not make time for reading became a blessing in disguise, it brought the book to me and the need for readjustment to my attention.
 
I am thankful for all the many blessings in my life. For wonderful children, for wonderful friends, for people who were kind to me and those who were not; for food and shelter and warm bed at night; for another day I saw coming to its end and for the wonderful day awaiting me tomorrow. I am thankful my tomorrow will be more focused and my thoughts more under control. I am thankful to the universe for sending me the book today when I was in dire need for guidance.  I am thankful for the abundance in my life.

No comments: