Friday, January 20, 2012

New Shoes

Day 367 – My daughter stays here with me this weekend and we spent the morning shopping. I wanted to get new pair of shoes and its end of the season sale so good time to do that. I have a serious problem with my right foot – it is very sensitive to pressure and tightness of shoes and so it is very difficult for me to find comfortable shoes and sadly most shoes classified under “specialty shoes”’ are not very pretty, to say the least. So today when we got to the mall I saw this shoe store I never tried before, known for their high quality shoes so I decided to give it a try. And to my delight I tried several different shoes and all where just right. I could wear them no problem and they all looked nice as well; one pair even had a little heal which is almost impossible for me. And so for the first time in I don’t remember how long I was able to choose what shoes to buy and not just settle for the one pair that was the least uncomfortable, as I usually buy. I actually bought two pairs, since who knows when will be the next time such a miracle will happened. I am wearing one of the new pairs all evening and I just don’t feel it at all, it feels like I walk on air instead of on bed of nails which is usually how it feels.  Probably all this sound like something so mundane,  but anyone who ever was so very frustrated about their shoes, can understand the significance of such a find; believe me I cannot get over it. I have shoes that are not a torture for me to wear.   
   
I am thankful I found shoes that are actually a pleasure for me to put on. I am thankful I found a shoe that is both comfortable and nice looking. I sure will put this store on my list of place to revisit on regular intervals. I am also so thankful my daughter is staying with me this weekend and we get to spend some quality time together.      

No comments: