Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just a Regular Sunday with Nothing to Report

Day 376 I have nothing to write about. I let early for work and I came back very late and I did nothing but work all day. I went to sleep very late and woke up early so I am also very tired. Too tired to do anything tonight, but take a shower and go to bed. I have to be kind to myself and accept the fact that there are days like that; luckily, not too many. But I can also look at the bright side – I will make up for the very little sleep I had tonight, deposit some hours into this very lean “saving account”.
An hour ago I got a very nice phone call – I went to the opening event of an art show few months ago, and since I was very impressed with some of the exhibits, I stopped and talked to the artist. When I told her some of her pieces really touched something in me she wanted to know which ones. I showed her and she said – that she understands something important about me and asked for my phone number. And today I just got a call from her and we are going to meet this week.
 
I am thankful for the opportunity to go to sleep in a normal hour. I am thankful that I don’t have too many days like that with nothing but work. I am thankful for so many things today, as always; working in a hospital, I am thankful for my health and good fortune every single day. I am thankful for this phone call, for the steady flow of email, I am thankful for a long talk with my son, and my daughter. I am thankful to be alive and content, especially in a day like that where nothing really happened.    

No comments: