Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Dog is Misbehaving

Day 361 – due to the heavy rains I did not take my dogs to longs walks this week and I had to leave her inside since the porch where I usually leave her when I’m at work was too wet with no place to hide from the rain. So I had to crate her during the day. This apparently did not go so well with her. Yesterday she peed in the house twice and today again. The last time was when my daughter and I were in the same room; obviously the dog is upset, although I let her out just few minutes before the second incident. I was really pissed-off, I just washed the whole house this morning and here she goes again. So I am not sure yet of what am I going to do about it, but something has to be done. Maybe I should give her back so they can find a more suitable home for her. I can understand that it is difficult for her to be home alone all day; I am out of the house for most of the day and I have no yard where she can play during the day, so she really is alone for many hours and it might be too difficult for her. I will go to the pet shop near us and consult with them; but this cannot go on like that any longer, I will not allow it. I am really happy though that I didn’t give her as a present to my mother-in-law as we originally planned. She has nice Persian rugs and not bare floor like I do. I don’t even want to think what could have happened there. Now is the challenge – what can I be thankful for here?
  
I guess I am thankful it is a small dog so the puddle is still manageable. I am thankful also that I kept her and didn’t give her to my mother in law, it would have been a disaster! I am thankful for this cute dog even when I am so very upset with her at the moment; she is very cute and loving and she brings so much joy into my life. I am thankful that the rainy season here is very short and this too shall pass in a few days probably. I am thankful for a lovely day today, even with all that was going on.

No comments: