Friday, January 13, 2012

The First Leg on My World Trip

Day 360 – Before moving here I had the idea to travel the world for a year. Most people are doing it at a much younger age but I was very much in a hurry to get married and have children instead of having fun as a young couple and so it stayed with me as something I still want to do. Due to the circumstances I was not able to travel as planned last year but as you know, I am taking a tour guides classes so I will be able to travel as a profession, but I also want to do it alone, just as I had in mind when I left home. And I am happy to report that  just made a reservation for a flight to Greece for a week, all by myself. This is not exactly a very adventurous place but it is still something I never did before so I am very excited about it. I am already starting to collect materials and will prepare a trip, just as I would for a group. This will be a belated present to my birthday. I scheduled it for March which might still be a little cold but also without the crowds so I’ll have the place pretty much for myself. I was debating what country to pick Spain or Greece and decided it will be Greece this time – it is very close and I’ll be able to cover more of it in one week. My Spain trip will have to wait some more, I want to take two or three weeks to do that one right, so maybe next year.
A year and a half after I planned to travel the world I am finally going first time on the road all alone and to places I have never been before. It is not the big trip I planned, but I am working and so I can’t take long vacations. I’ll try to take several short trips in the next few years and will keep the big one until I retire. I am so looking forward to this trip.
   
I am thankful I can take this trip to Greece, I can barely wait. I am thankful for everything new I do and this one is definitely a big one. I am thankful to be able to start going down the list of the countries I want to visit; and do it my way.

No comments: