Sunday, December 8, 2013

Because of Broken glasses

Day 1053 - the little nose piece on my reading glasses broke yesterday so I went to the store to fix it. I asked them when was my last eye exam and realized it was almost three years ago. Since my eye sight gets blurry after I read I figured my prescription might be off by now. And so it was. But I also found out I need regular glasses as well. My far sight got bad as well. I found it hard to drive at night lately and I hope this will solve that issue, I hope it will fix the weakness of my eyes. It's funny, I don't feel I'm getting older but little signs like this one are a reminder of the clock ticking away our life; of the long line of burnt days behind and the one getting short ahead. So strange to think of it this way, all because a broken nose piece...

 I am thankful for a new pair of glasses I will soon get that I hope will fix my sore eyes. I am thankful I live in a place where this is an easy think to fix. I am thankful I have the means to do that. I am thankful for all the days behind me and for every day still ahead. I am thankful for my life.

No comments: