Thursday, December 19, 2013

Fight or flight

Day 1064 - It was the 75 anniversary gala evening to my hospital. A reception, lots of talks and a very good performance by one of the best singers in our country. So I bought tickets for that of course. But, alas, I did not take into account that my boyfriend will through a fit and decide an hour before the event to boycott it. I didn't think this is a good enough reason for me to skip it too, so I called a friend and asked her if she cares to join me, and she was happy to. So we both went and had a wonderful evening and only half an hour ago I got back home. A very short night but I had so much fun. And I am so happy I went. Besides not giving in to this kind if behavior I also really don't go out anymore so it was a very special occasion. My friend just broke up with her boyfriend so it was good for her as well, and I am happy I could help in cheering her up. A girls night, putting all this complicated issue of dating aside and just have fun. It was good for both if us on so many levels. And we enjoyed a great performance - all the better.

I am thankful for a great evening. I am thankful to my friend for doing this very last minute thing. I am thankful to my boyfriend for opening my eyes to yet one more thing in life. I am thankful I can go to sleep now before waking up in five hours to drive back to the store. Good night.

No comments: