Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Phoneless day

Day 1055 - I forgot my cell phone at home yesterday. It happened to me few months ago and I survived it but now it's a very different story. I talk on the phone much more than ever before because of the store. And the worst is that I don't have the phone numbers written down since all is in my phone's memory. I have to admit I almost panicked but tried to keep a level head since I was not about to drive back almost an hour in each direction just to get my phone. I searched on the Internet for a few numbers I needed and everything else had to wait. And of course I could not get any calls as well. But all well if it ends well and I am happy to report I survived it and nothing really happened. The world still spins on its axis and the moon and sun rose and set in the right moment. Aparantly it is a little less needed device than we care to admit. And the panick is more in our heads than real. Maybe I should make it a habit to go once a week phone less and get few moments of quality time where I can be, just be, like in the old days... Still I was very happy to get back home and connect to my phone again and today I was chatting away, lie always. A short respit, a very short one.
 
I am thankful I got one day of rest to my poor ears and brain. I am thankful I survived the experience in a good shape. I am not so thankful to realize how addicted I am to that device, but thankful for this realization and the chance it gives me to change things a bit.

No comments: