Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Getting old

Day 1062-My mother in law fell and injured herself badly few weeks ago.  I went with my daughter to visit her today in the rehab center. It was a very difficult visit. For an active and alert lady she was few months ago she became an old lady. Sitting in a wheelchair with no energy at all. It broke my heart to see her. My daughter felt she has only a short time still left here, I think she has much more but the quality of life she had just recently is gone. I sure hope she will rebound, but I am not sure about that. I met her when she was younger than I am today and it was so difficult to see her today. We have to enjoy every day, every moment we live, we never know when it will be interrupted or cut short. Now, today is all we have, we better make a good use of it.
 
I am thankful I got to see my daughter before she flies on a business trip tomorrow. I am thankful we went to see gram. I am thankful for all the good times we shared with her and I hope she still has some. I am thankful for my day, pain, tears and all; if it will be my last then I am thankful for what I had.

No comments: