Monday, May 28, 2012

About Overload Of Work

Day 496 It was a very long day that started at 5:30 in the morning and now it’s 12:30am and I am not in bed yet. I spent more than 12 hours in the office; way more than I ever wanted to, way less than I should. It is crunch time. We have only few more days to finish everything and so many things are still open. So my tomorrow will probably look the same. But I came home dead tired and decided to go out just to get some fresh air, have a coffee (tea again) with a friend. The nights are so nice this time a year and it was so lovely to seat outside and talk. Soon the evenings will be hot and humid but right now the weather is perfect. I am so happy I decided to go out, as tired as I was; I really needed that after such a long and stressful day. But now I have to go to sleep. I hope I will find in me the strength to do something special for myself every day in the coming week, even with all the work and the pressure. I am saying it for the hundredth time – I don’t understand how people will choose to live like that on a regular basis, why would they choose it as a way of life. How can one be a whole person when all he does is work?  And most of them don’t do the extra caring activities to balance it; they just work and sleep. I am counting the days to the end, that’s what keeps me going; I would not be able to do that with no end in sight.
 
I am thankful for a long day that is coming to its end. I am thankful for a very interesting talk with my friend. I am thankful that in less than a week the event will start unfolding and our work will culminate and be done. I am thankful this is not the story of my life, just a very short chapter and as such I can even enjoy it a little, knowing full well the end is near. I am thankful for having poorer yet reacher life because of these kind of choices.  

No comments: