Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Perfect Antidote

Day 485 – I went to sleep very early yesterday, at 9 pm I was already in bed, and few minutes later I was asleep. I woke up this morning at 5 am and took my time getting ready, and still got to work a little after 6, just like in the first year I moved here. It made me really happy to see once more the empty streets, and even more so the bay few minutes after sunrise. It was so beautiful I had to stop my car and take a few pictures. I missed this in the past few months. So I came early to work and was refreshed and very productive, but at the end of the day I still have endless amount of work piled in front of me as if I did nothing all day. I had to take work home, like every day this week. It’s very discouraging to look at the amount of work, knowing I am going to work for hours this weekend in an attempt to put a dent in it, and to catch up with the most urgent things. But the good thing is that it is all over in about three weeks, so this is a mad dash to the finish line. I have to admit, I can’t wait for it to be over. I so don’t want to see my life so swamped by work. 
But even with all this I am trying to do some things for myself this past week. I had CPR training in my TD course. I went to the beach four times, so I saw four sunsets on the beach in one week; I went to a dance where I met a very nice guy and had a great time and went to a second dance with him; I went to my creative writing class, to my painting class and I even painted one day at home this past week; and today I saw the sunrise again. Not too bad for one week, especially when I have so much work.  
  
I am thankful this is not my routine and I feel the need to apologize to myself for the beating I am taking for the next three weeks. I am thankful for this conviction I have to do things for my soul. I am thankful for friends who call and understand and will still be there at the end of the crunch time. I am thankful for small breaks I take that charge me and fill me with good and positive energy the perfect antidote to the difficult period I'm in. 

No comments: