Monday, May 21, 2012

Taking Care of Some Burning Issues

Day 489 I had to cancel my participation in the tour of my class and my role in it as the tour director. Something came up at work and I cannot take that day off. So a last minute change and I dropped the ball on two of my class mates that were kind enough to take it upon themselves. But I didn’t do as much as I was supposed to due to the amount of work I had so tonight when I came back from class I had to do it. For the past three hours I was planning the trip minute by minute and adding all the presentation by our classmates. So now it is in a good enough stage that I can pass it on. I am lucky I know the city well and I also did the same route two years ago with a group I brought here from abroad. I was not the guide but I listened well and I could plan the trip. Something that would take anyone else a few days I finished here in a matter of hours. I only had to check operation hours to make sure we are not going to miss anything.  I was planning to do some more work at home for my job, but this had a priority. I cannot hand down someone else, who is doing me a favor, a mess and ask him to clean it. But now my work is almost done and I feel much better about it. I am sad I cannot join this trip and I have to check with my instructor how I can make up for this trip, but this is something I’ll have to handle later. Right now I solved the issue at hand and this is the most important thing.

I am thankful my friends came to the rescue and stepped into my shoes to take over the leadership of the trip. I am thankful I finished planning the trip, and now it’s off my plate; I have to admit it was very stressful to know I have so much work to do and the time is getting very sort. I am thankful this mounting pressure that I have to endure right now is not my normal routine; with every passing day I can understand even less how some people, my ex included, can live like that all the time; it drains you and leave you no time for yourself. I am so thankful this craziness is over in less than three weeks.

No comments: