Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Very Creative Evening

Day 470 I came home today and I had no test to study for, and it felt so good, just an evening to myself. But being me, I cannot just sit pretty and do nothing, so I opened my computer and read through some of my poems and I just had to write another one. This time it was easier. The last one took me few hours to write and this one in half an hour I just had it. And after reading it few times, and being under the influence of my creative class assignment – to write something from different points of view, I wrote a second poem with the opposite point of view. Very interesting to try that, but for some reason it was just flowing from under my fingertips. So two poems in one night. And then I wrote also my real assignment - a lucky break story of a holocaust survivor; I have it easy this time, my dad always tell us stories, I just had to write it in my own words. In short, it was an evening of writing, of soul searching and just concentrating real hard on something totally out of my daily reality. This was especially important tonight since I was very upset about something at work today; someone that behaved in a way that is totally unaccepted in my book; someone who completely lost my respect today. So I needed this breath of fresh air, of something good and untarnished, something to take away this foul taste in my mouth. But it made me ponder what should I do next, and I have no answer to that yet.
 
I am thankful I had a wonderful evening of so much creativity. I am thankful for friends who called and cheered me up, even if they were not aware of that. I am thankful it is only the second time since I started working there, almost two years ago, that I walk around with bad feelings about my work. I am thankful for a first opportunity to build an itinerary for a visit in my country that I got today; I am very excited about that.      

No comments: