Thursday, May 24, 2012

Few Hours of Calm


Day 492 with the crazy times I am going through right now at work Thursday classes are even more important for my serenity, it give me few hours of quite, few hours of “me time”. I was late to my creative classes and I didn’t prepare anything – no time for that of course – but still enjoyed the class very much. And the highlight of the day’s activities is my painting class of course. I didn’t finish my painting yet, I’m almost done. But the important thing today was the calm that surrounded me as I started working. I was so busy painting I didn’t even realized it until now; I started painting and all my fatigue and stress were gone. I was calm and focused and just so much “in the moment” and all residues of the exhausting week were gone. I was just there and the hectic world was miles away. So the healing qualities of the brush don’t stop at relieving sadness but it goes further and lifts my weariness. It is in times like this that I bless with all my heart the presence of something so special in my life; the fact that I found this class, this amazing teacher; for this gift from the heavens…

I am thankful, so very thankful for all the gifts I am getting in my life; for good things and bad. I am thankful for all the craziness at work right now; it makes me realize that I don’t ever want to work like that again; that I hope I never will. It also makes me appreciate even more how wonderful a day without any ups and down can be; and I am very thankful for that. But today first and foremost I am thankful I have something I can do for myself at times of high stress and that I know that if I don’t have the time for it, I have to make the time, because this is when I need it most. I am thankful for this realization and for the healing power it carries on its wings.    


No comments: