Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mid-Week Fun

Day 483 – I got a phone call today from a friend I met few days ago at the dance, asking me if I feel like dancing tonight. Apparently there is a dance here in town every Tuesday night; very low key, very cool crowd. At the beginning I said no, I had so much work I brought with me that I was planning to finish tonight and then I thought better of it – why not? I was already after two hours I worked on the beach in a café and after a full day at work. Why shouldn’t I go out and have some fun? So he came to pick me up at 9 pm, we went to the beach (again) for an hour and then we went to the dance. And it was so much fun! Just the idea of going to a dance in the middle of the week is cool and we stayed there until the wee hours of the night. It is 4 am now, and I am going to be very tired tomorrow, but it was totally worth it.
  
I am thankful for another sunset on the beach, even if I did it again surrounded by my work. I am thankful to my friend for not accepting no for an answer and asking one (or two) more times until I decided to go. I am thankful for such a special evening; I had an amazing time.

No comments: