Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Almost In The Eye Of The Storm

Day 498 I can complain about another very long day, or I can choose to talk about something else and since I complain every day in the past week it is time to take a fresh look at the whole thing. I don’t even want to call it an ordeal since there is so much I learned from it, especially about myself. I learned that I function very well under stress, that I am an excellent organizer; that I can handle hundreds of small details and have them all; that I can see the big pictures. And as much as I complain, I actually enjoy it as we get closer to the end and all start to fall into place. I told a friend today – it’s like a hurricane – the calm as we get into the eye of the storm. I’m in charge of so many events and I just enjoy seeing how it all comes together. The next few days will be devoted to finish every little detail and then the orchestra starts and once the first note are flowing - it’s show time. we are the little ants that their job is to make someone lese shine but I like it; I don’t do that to get the glory, I know my self-worth and those who need to know that, do as well and this is all that matter. For a while I was thinking that I should do that as a business but I don’t want to flood my life with too much work and with too much stress and too little me time. So I will keep doing it intermittently and in between enjoy down time and more quality time for me. But I love the challenge, I will that honest and admit to it, but I will not allow it to be my life and to take over. I cherish my after work activities, hopefully some romance will get into my life as well and I will never allow work to become the center of it. I will never allow work to define me and to create or establish my self-worth.  
  
I am thankful for opportunities I get that I never thought I will. I am thankful for the things I learned about myself. I am thankful for the challenges, for the tests that are coming my way every single day in the past month. I am thankful just as well that it is alost over and I will get my life back, the way it was before. 

No comments: