Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Miracle Man in Action

Day 471 – I am in charge of hosting visits to our hospital. It is a very interesting job since I get to hear about all the amazing work they do in the different departments and the newest inventions and cutting edge technology. I love medicine and find all these related fields very exciting. So it is a real privilege to work in a job like that and hear these things and meet the doctors who are behind it. Today we had a visit of people who came to see a particular machine and part of the visit was a life broadcasting form the catheterization lab. I heard about this procedure a lot but I never got to see it before, and it is just mind boggling for a lay person. They take this small tube and insert it into a beating heart and move it here or there, fix the area that malfunctioned and in a matter of hours someone that was under a serious threat for his health, something that condition might even be fatal, can walk again and be all well.  I set there, looking at the screen and just enjoyed it. The visitors looked at it from a professional point of view, how the machine helps the surgeon do a better job. I looked at it as an exercise in miracle performance – a magic show. And I felt so lucky I got to see it.
 
I am thankful I got to see live catheterization and a very successful one. I am thankful I got such an interesting job that I can be exposed to all these cutting edge technologies, machines and procedures and of course research. I am thankful for a day that passed so fast and at the end of it I had my art class and my creative writing class. I am thankful my daughter is here tonight and we got to spend few hours in the kitchen making cakes and desserts.  

No comments: